- I am going to talk about fashion industry in Kazakhstan and identify possible barriers to sustainability innovation
- My topic is Fashion can't say no to sustainability in Kazakhstan
- I chose to do Fashion industry in Kazakhstan in order to research and understan the issue around the notion of sustainability in Kazakhstan
- One of the biggest challenge for any organisation's competitiveness is to become sustainable
- However barriers and resistance to sustainability innovation still exist due to various reasons.
- Fashin industry
Barriers to Sustainability:
- By looking at Fashion industry in Kazakhstan number of barriers remain for businesses ti implement sustainable practices.
- Rossel and Fur identified 6 main barriers to sustainability
- List the barriers
- 2 main barriers:
- Mindset barrier is significant in case of Kazalhstani fashion industry and symbat fashion house in particular.
- Even if people are willing to make more sustainable choices, they still tend to act according to their habits.
- Traditional mindset makes it even more difficult to implement sustainable practises as one of the main part of businesses development
- The main reason for that is because Kazakhstan used to be communist republic when the country was a part of the Soviet Union untill 1991.
- Even though after gaining independance country becan to change ist strategy, the communist mindset remained, and this is a huge obsticle.
- People in Kazakhstan believe that they are alone in their concern and small changes won't make any difference.
- The word sustainability is still not used in broad terms in Kazakhstan.
- Therefore the main challenge is to change the traditional mindset and convince people that little changes can make a huge difference and can be seen as a huge opportunity.
- It is also vital to increase awareness about the notion of sustanability innovation to make the change towards sustainable world possible.